Main Learning Objective of the activity:
Improve fluency and vocabulary. Practise picture descriptions, use of the present continuous.
Type of activity: Filler activity with pictures for ESL teaching
Duration of the activity: 10 minutes
How to do it:
The student chooses a picture and describes it. The teacher has to guess which one it is.
1. The teacher describes and the student has to guess.
2. Imagine these images are from the past. Play using the past simple
3. The teacher chooses a picture. The student has to try to guess which one is correct. Great chance to review WH questions.
For higher levels:
Answer these questions:
- What would yo do if you were in these situations?
- Why might the people have chosen to spend their time in these ways?