Main Learning Objective of the Lesson Plan:
To review and learn more about Relative Clauses with the help of a TED Talks video entitled “What Comes After An Inconvenient Truth” with speaker, Nobel Laureate and former Vice President of the United States, Al Gore.
⬇️ PDF download ⬇️
Lesson Plan Flow :
1) A Review of Relative Clauses : Encircle the correct Relative Pronoun for the subordinate/relative clause in the sentences.
2) Watch the video entitled “What Comes After An Inconvenient Truth” with speaker, Nobel Laureate and former Vice President of the United States, Al Gore.
3) Vocabulary : Match the words on the left with their definitions on the right column.
4) Fill in the blanks with the letter that will show the proper sequence of the phrases in each sentence which is based on Al Gore’s TED Talk.
5) Group Discussion: Form into Small Groups then Answer and Discuss the Questions based on the TED Talk.
6) Reduced Relative Pronouns Exercise – Pair work : Get a partner and take turns to determine if the sentences below can still make sense without using the underlined relative pronoun. Give yourself or your partner a point for every correct answer. The one with the higher score wins.
👋 Before you leave! Did you like this lesson plan? Could you support me with a small donation so I can continue creating content? Thank you! 🙏